Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Small Bits of Happiness

I've signed up for Gretchen Rubin's "Moments of Happiness" daily email and will be collecting my favorite quotes here. I'm thinking of ways I can use these in school. Perhaps I could share one each time my advisor group meets. If I ask the girls to keep journals, maybe they will collect their favorites.
I think this is a really tough one and an idea that would create a lot of discussion.
"To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness."
- Bertrand Russell



Gretchen also seems to have a picture to go with her quotes. I took this one recently so I've decided to include it here. I'm wondering if a collection of photos could be a jumping off point for discussion? As suggested in the Ethics workshop, keeping a "happiness portfolio" is a reflective activity for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment